After you watched the film, you may be wondering what to do next. Here are some ideas to add to your own:
1. Screenings and Discussions. You are encouraged to use our Breaking the Cycle Film Discussion and Resource Guide when hosting screenings and showings of the short film.
2. Join the Mighty Network Group. You are welcome to join the film discussion on Mighty Networks here. We will be discussing the film with the creators in a private group, with no ads, spam, or trolls allowed. This is a safe space and your commitment to help us keep it safe is required for participation.
3. Learn about the Evolved Nest. You are invited to dive deep into the many diverse learning opportunities at the EvolvedNest.org, including podcasts, videos, resources, and free book excerpts and articles. The website is also divided into the Evolved Nest's nine components, (see below) which allow you to learn about each component, one at a time.
4. Share the Evolved Nest. Follow the Evolved Nest's social media platforms, below, to keep up with the science, resources, and Darcia's ongoing blog series.
5. Subscribe to our Newsletters. Subscribe to the Evolved Nest's newsletter to follow Darcia Narvaez's research, and subscribe to Kindred Media's newsletter to discover the New Story of the Human Family from the Evolved Nest and multiple contributing editors, thought leaders, trance-breakers, and new cycle-makers.
6. Take Action. In our Evolved Nest components, you can find the organizational and institutional groups who are working for systemic change in the United States. You can find ways to support paid leave, maternal and infant wellness, nature connection, and more, on these pages. You can also take action wherever you are, in whatever you do, to make systemic change towards meeting people’s basic needs.
a. Do you have particular skills that can help meet a child’s basic need?
b. Join a group working for family wellbeing.
c. Help your neighborhood feel more bonded.
d. How can you use your skills to enhance someone’ sense of worth and connection?
e. What political action can you take to move society towards favoring children and families instead of bank accounts and privileges of the wealthy?
7. Become an Allomother. Find out what types of support babies and young children are receiving (or not) in your community. Parents cannot meet their children’s basic needs alone, especially since one of the Evolved Nest needs is multiple responsive relationships with adults. Find ways to pitch in.
The Evolved Nest has been integral to 95% of human genus history and provides a baseline for optimizing normal development. Below you will find an overview of the nine components of the Evolved Nest, along with links to resources, and take action steps to support individual and collective awareness.
Click here to visit the Evolved Nest Components Overview page.
Each image below is one of the nine components of the Evolved Nest. Click on the link to go to the resource page for that component.
Copyright © 2023 Breaking The Cycle - All Rights Reserved.
An Evolved Nest Educational Project